Tuesday, July 13, 2010

ryan c. taylor// pain worship

i saw a plane crash right in front of me, in my backyard, are you listening?
i swear it happened, all the passengers died, the pilot lived, are you listening?
he crawled out from the wreckage, he said to me
"it could have been you, it was a bird i was avoiding"
did you fly too low?
did she fly too high?
he said "the latter, but the bird didn't die"
you give it your all, and all you get, is a plane crash, it's pain worship
the pilot wanted to clip her wings
her silly drive for success left 200 dead
she told her friends she was gonna reach the heavens
if she could just get past those black clouds
did they die in vain?
did she find god?
she's not here now, life drags on
you give it your all, and all you get, is a black cloud, it's pain worship
fear fathered me
brokens humbling
uncontrollably
this is life what with me
refusing to be free
this is life with me

*black coffee 10/7/12


No comments:

Post a Comment